Friday, March 19, 2010

Gettin' Ready to Bottle

It's been three weeks since I brewed the Heffeweizen. It is now dormant, and I believe it is ready for the bottles. I just need to make sure I have enough empty bottles handy to put it in. This is a task that I will complete this weekend.

I'm down to my last twelve-pack of Amber Ale. It is really good, amazingly crisp, smooth at the same time, and mellowing well. It will be gone in about a week, I think. I will miss it. It was my first.

I also have caught up on the Brown Ale. I have about five bottles more than a twelve-pack. One thing that had bothered my was the carbonation of te Brown, but every bottle seems okay now. I am guessing now that I jumped the gun and started drinking it too soon. It is delicious, and two bottles make for a nice little buzz.

I have two cases of Red Ale, now in the bottle, and too soon to open. One more week, and I will sample it, my third effort. It is just sitting there in the cases. As usual, I am apprehensive, simply because I am still so new at this.

Brew number five has been fermenting for two weeks. It will go into the secondary right after the Heff goes into the bottles. It's a Pale Ale, and a clone of a popular Northern California brand, Sierra Nevada. I love Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It is consistently good, and it is served all over the North State. I decided to try the clone because the brand is so popular.

I am planning on picking up a new recipe for my next brew. I would love to brew a good old-fashioned Lager, but the decision will be in the hands of Shannon, the Brewmeistermeister.

No comments:

Post a Comment