Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brew Fest

Today, Sacramento hosted a West Coast Brewfest at Miller Park on the Sacramento River. Many top brewers were in attendance, giving away samples of their best brews. The event started around 10:00 AM, with live music and many different food vendors. A sampling glass came with admission.

Lines at most of the brewers' exhibits were long, and the attendance was huge. People were everywhere. Of course, the place cleared out in mere minutes as soon as the beer stopped flowing, and I elped clean up the place afterwards. I did get in free for volunteering, but I didn't get any free beer. Still, I made a contribution to the beer community, so I feel good about it.

My Summer Ale is in the carboy. I started brewing at 6:00 pm yesterday, and finished close to 11:00 pm. The next task is to bottle the Brown Ale, which I will probably do on Monday, certainly by Tuesday evening. I'm down to a couple of 12-packs, and only a few of those are Heffeweizen. I have now brewed 7 batches, bottled 5 and finished off 3. The Heff is the next to run out, and the Pale will be gone at the end of May. The Brown won't come ready until early June, so I may have to buy commercial or go without. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment